We Can Work It Out Inc. will initiate a “pilot” entrepreneur education, training, and mentorship youth project. The BIZ-TRAIN ACADEMY Program is an age appropriate, comprehensive, innovative, and interactive training and mentorship entrepreneurship program for youth and young adults (male and female). Through the BIZ-TRAIN INTERACTIVE SUMMER CAMP program, we empower young people to build their self-confidence and skills to experience meaningful and successful careers by starting their own businesses. This program will motivate young people to explore their aspirations and take control of their pathway choices. Our program focuses on developing entrepreneurial skills that will improve a young person’s ability to identify their
skills, passions and attributes that will assist them in the future. There is a selection process which will be narrowed down to 10 to 15 participants from ages 13 to 24. This will be our pilot program.
Because of COVID-19, The 2020 BIZ-TRAIN ACADEMY SUMMER CAMP, will be an ten week VIRTUAL CLASSROOM entrepreneurial education, training and mentorship course that will meet twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a two hour duration each day for a total of four hours per week devoted to actual virtual classroom time. The youth program provides a comprehensive knowledge of starting a business by obtaining skills in various areas such as business etiquette, dressing for success, writing a feasible business plan, marketing strategies and other relevant topics to achieve success with starting, running, and sustaining their businesses. The program provides subject matter presenters in the industry of business, and mentors who are well versed in their professional fields. The participants will also learn how to pitch their ideas to potential funders.
At this time, we would like to give our members, people with interest, local leaders, businesses, and organizations the opportunity to participate in changing the lives of so many worthy youths who just need the knowledge, skills, and encouragement to be successful contributors in our society.
We are looking for subject matter volunteers, donations, financial sponsors, and in-kind sponsors. This is an twelve-week program with one day for orientation which will start next session TBD. If you have questions about the BIZ-TRAIN ACADEMY program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Website www.yeswecanworkitout.org
We will invite guest speakers from local entrepreneurs and other business professionals to come and speak to our participants about how they got started as business owners. Mr. Sweet of Credit Union will educate on the Credit Union and Bank. Mr. Brent of City Financial will educate on business types, legal documents needed to start a business and business terms. Ms. Otunbayeva of Core Marketing will teach pitching your business, business marketing and customer service. Mr. Cheatham teaches financial tools that would be necessary for running a successful business.
CURRICULUM AND OBJECTIVES
What they will learn during the 12-week program:
1. Learn and understand certain buzzwords of the business world.
2. Learn the different types of business structures, sole proprietorship, etc.
3. Business Etiquette/ Having integrity in business dealings.
4. Dressing for success/learn their individual business image.
5. Creative ways to market and promote their businesses.
6. Learning about legal forms and insurance. ex., liability insurance
7. Developing and writing a realistic business plan.
8. Learn how to pitch their business to potential funders.
9. Developing the total person to succeed in business
10. The importance of personal financial stability.
11. Becoming familiar with business tax forms.
12. Understanding financial statements.
13. Understanding the business relationship with a bank or credit union.
14. The importance of having good credit/what is a credit score and why is it important.
15. The difference between a non-profit business and non-profit 501c3 status.
What we want to accomplish through the BIZ-TRAIN program:
1. Have a clear and concise vision of their business ideas.
2. Have a working knowledge of the components to start, run, and sustain their businesses.
3. Learn how to complete legal business documents, ex., DBA, EIN #.
4. Develop a complete and realistic business plan.
Hello student applicant! Are you ready to be a CEO of your very own business? Are you ready to turn your talents and passions into a real business? If you answered, "yes to these two questions, then you are a perfect candidate for this program.
Say something interesting about your business here.
Give customers a reason to do business with you.
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Sign up to get more information